CHOOSE US for the DOCTORS WITH the MOST TRAINING and EXPERIENCE
WELCOME! IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT GETTING BETTER, WE CAN HELP
If you are reading this it’s probably because you, or someone close to you, has a serious problem with opiate drugs.
Congratulations on your decision to look into your options!
WE OFFER SERIOUS HELP for a SERIOUS PROBLEM, in a FRIENDLY AND SUPPORTIVE WAY
Methadone and Suboxone are excellent treatment options.
They can be lifesavers-but they can be dangerous. You want to do the treatment right-the first time.
MAXIMIZE YOUR CHANCES FOR SUCCESS
Methadone and Suboxone must be prescribed with care-in the right way, to the right patient.
That’s why choosing a doctor with the right TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE is so important for your chances of success.
WHAT YOU NEED to ASK when CHOOSING a DOCTOR:
What Medical TRAINING does he have?
What Addictions TRAINING does he have?
What Official CERTIFICATION in treating addictions does he have?
How much EXPERIENCE does he have?
Is he a recognised AUTHORITY in the field of addictions?
Does he do more than simply prescribe the medication?
Dr Sheldon Hershkop MD CCFP FCFP CCSAM CASAM CABAM CAFCi
- Graduate of the University of Toronto School of Medicine, 1985
- Trained in Internal Medicine at Sunnybrook Hospital,1985
- Trained at Harvard School of Medicine,1985
- One of the first Methadone Doctors in Canada in 1991
- One of the first Suboxone Doctors in Canada
- Certified by
Canadian Society of Addiction Medicine 1999
American Society of Addiction Medicine 2000
American Board of Addiction Medicine 2000
American Board of Addiction Medicine 2010
- Medical License in Ontario and in the USA
- Published research papers in Addiction
- Lecturer in the University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine.
- Addiction Mentor for other doctors through the Ontario College of Family Physicians.
- Lead Physician for the Opiate Outreach Treatment Program of Mississauga-Halton.
- Attending Physician at BAYCREST CENTRE
- Attending Physician at ROUGE VALLEY CENTENARY HOSPITAL
- Provides a wide range of help for his patients-not just medication!
Dr Maurice Siu MD RCPSC
1. Graduate of the University of Ottawa School of Medicine in 1998
2. Trained in Psychiatry at the University of Toronto
3. Board Certified in Psychiatry 2003
4. Lecturer in the University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine.
5. On staff at Centre for Addiction and Mental Health(CAMH)
6. On staff at the Scarborough Hospital.
Our services are covered by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care of Ontario(‘OHIP’)