We are two clinics in the Peel and Halton Regions specially established to help clients who have developed addictions to narcotics.We have developed an extensive network of collaborators-physicians,pharmacists and counsellors.Our experienced staff are motivated to help our clients achieve success!
Dr Sheldon Hershkop MD CCFP FCFP CCSAM CASAM CABAM CAFCi is a pioneer in the use of Methadone and Suboxone
Graduated Univ of Toronto School of Medicine 1985;
Trained in Internal Medicine, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre 1985-1986
Certified in Addiction Medicine by:
The Canadian Society of Addiction Medicine (2001)
The American Society of Addiction Medicine (2000)
The American Board of Addiction Medicine (2010)
Certificant of The College of Family Physicians of Canada
Fellow of The College of Family Physicians of Canada
Certificant of The Acupuncture Foundation of Canada Institute
Dr Hershkop is a pioneer in the field of addictions:
- he is Lecturer, F
aculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
- he established the second Methadone clinic in Ontario in 1991
- he established the first Methadone Clinic in Mississauga in 1998
- he established the first Methadone Clinic in Oakville in 2009
- he was a member of the first Methadone Committee for the College of Physicians and Surgeons
- he helped write the first set of rules for Methadone Doctors in Ontario
- he helped organise what is now known as the Methadone Program in Ontario.
- he helped test and introduce the use of Suboxone in Ontario
- he is a teacher of other addiction professionals- is a founding member of the MMAP Mentoring Program for physicians and sits on its steering committee.
- he has played a key role in envisioning and implementing the Halton and Peel Opiate Outreach Program
Dr. Maurice Siu is a psychiatrist with a special interest in addiction medicine and forensic psychiatry. He has worked as a methadone provider for more than 10 years.
1991 Founded the North York Treatment Centre
1998 Founded the Mississauga Treatment Centre
2009 Founded the Oakville Treatment Centre
Our Doctors and staff are among the most experienced in North America.
Our clients have a wide range of choices for pharmacies. We have an onsite pharmacy in Oakville and we work closely with many other pharmacies in Mississauga and Oakville.
Unlike other clinics, clients have specific appointment times. This eliminates uncertainty and helps minimise unpleasant waits.
We are open early and late- to accomodate clients schedules.
Medical services are covered by OHIP.